Vip TicketMay 20, 2017|11am - 4pm Tickets: $80
- Very limited ticket gets you in one hour early to the festival with unlimited 2oz pours
- First dibs on all beers & schmoozing with brewers
- Includes a stunningly sexy festival tee ($20 value)
- First crack at all the tasty food vendors
- Priceless feeling of superiority
General AdmissionMay 20, 2017|12pm-4pm Tickets: $50
- Unlimited 2oz pours of pure funkaliciousness
- Access to top notch food vendors
- Four solid hours to mingle with some of the world's most innovative purveyors of funk
- Add an outrageously dope festival tee at check-out for an additional $20
You are invited to experience The Funk at its highest level. The Festival of Funk is a celebration of sours, saisons, and all things funky, carefully curated from some of the most fearlessly innovative brewers in the world. We’ve put together a jaw-droppingly rad group of breweries and secured a beautiful outdoor setting at Liberty Station’s North Promenade for a party of epic proportions.
Attendees will be baptized in the deep and diverse waters of funk, from the delightfully tropical to the intensely sour and everything in between, experiencing the truly amazing variety of flavors these exotic microflora are capable of kicking out. The Festival of Funk will also a prime opportunity to pick the brains of some of the most talented and adventurous brewers in the world, so come prepared with your beer-nerdiest questions.
We'll have plenty of food options on site as well as water stations, an outrageously funky DJ mix from Peso, and a few surprises. We'll also have tons of ultra-sexy merchandise on hand, including a painfully fresh, limited edition Festival of Funk tee.
All proceeds from Festival of Funk will be benefiting the incredibly kick-ass BikeSD organization, a non-profit working to make San Diego a better place to live, work, and ride.
Festival TeeAll Sizes: $20
Surround yourself with the power of The Funk in this staggeringly sexy masterpiece of apparel design. These showstoppers are going to be as saucy as they are limited. We’ll have a small quantity for sale at the event, but if you want to make sure you’ve got one locked down you can add it to your ticket price at checkout for an additional $20.
Brewery List & Beers
- Bruery Terreux
- Tart of Darkness with Raspberries and Vanilla (Oak Barrel-Aged Sour Stout)
- Frucht: Passion Fruit (Foeder-Fermented Berliner Weisse)
- Barrelhouse Brewing Co.
PASO ROBLES, CA
- Hi-Wire Brewing
- Foeder Brett Saison
- Blackberry Sour
- White Grape Grisette
- Forest & Main Brewing Co.
- Lunaire (Wine Barrel-Aged Saison)
- Marius (Fruited Sour)
- Beavertown Brewing
- Brosé (Wine Barrel Fermented Sour with Pinot Noir Grape Skins)
- Cowboy Lightning (Oak Fermented Golden Ale with Brett & Lacto)
- Allagash Brewing Co.
- Windfall (Peach Sour)
- Little Sal (Red Wine Barrel-Aged Blueberry Sour)
- Modern Times Beer
SAN DIEGO, CA
- Shrine of the Forsaken Gods (Raspberry Sour Collab with Jester King)
- Crucible of the Spirit Dragon (Red Wine Barrel-Aged, Dry-Hopped Sour Saison & Collab with Kent Falls and Other Half)
- Lightning Helix (Lemon Saison)
- Thermometer Island (Red Wine Barrel-Aged Saison with Cara Cara & Blood Oranges)
- Red Wine Barrel Aged Transit of Venus (Grisette)
- Symmetric Orchestra with Blood Orange, Guava and Hibiscus
- Prometheus Effect (Blended Amphora/Red Wine Barrel-Aged Saison)
- Goblin Ski Patrol (Blended Sour)
- Looking Backward (White Wine Barrel-Aged Sour Saison)
- Clear & Present Dankness (IPA & Collab with Cellarmaker)
- Dinosaur World DIPA
- The Rare Barrel
- For Ever More (Oak Barrel-Aged Golden Sour with Blueberries, Boysenberries, Cinnamon, and Vanilla Beans)
- Across the Sea (Oak Barrel-Aged Golden Sour with Sea Salt and Coriander)
- Perennial Artisan Ales
ST. LOUIS, MO
- Funky Wit (Belgian Wit Aged in Chardonnay Barrels)
- Hopfentea (Berliner Weisse Steeped on Tropical Tea)
- Fair State Brewing Co-Op
- Lichtenhainer (Barrel-Fermented Smoked Sour Wheat)
- Simcoe Sour
- Flyover Country
- Saison Drei
- LIC Beer Project
LONG ISLAND CITY, NY
- Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen
- Cellador Ales
NORTH HILLS, CA
- Confuzzled (Blended, Barrel-Aged Sour with Mango, Pineapple, & Guava)
- Psalm Sprite (Red Sour Aged in a Sherry Puncheon with Black Raspberries)
- Black Project
- Dreamland (Wine Barrel/Solera Sour)
- Rocket Sled (Sour Dry-Hopped with Mosaic & Simcoe Lupulin Powder)
- Reheat (Oak Barrel-Fermented Wine/Beer Hybrid)
- Holy Mountain Brewing Co.
- The Ox (Foudre Aged Saison Brewed with Orange Zest)
- Demonteller (Oak Fermented Saison)
- Highland Park
LOS ANGELES, CA
- New Heights (Hoppy, Strong Farmhouse)
- Beachwood Blendery
LONG BEACH, CA
- Russian River Brewing Co.
SANTA ROSA, CA
- Consecration (Belgian Style Dark Ale Aged in Cabernet Sauvignon Barrels with Currants)
- Supplication (Sour Brown Aged in Pinot Noir Barrels with Sour Cherries)
- Nola Brewing Co.
NEW ORLEANS, LA
- Desire (Raspberry Sour Aged in Chardonnay Barrels)
- Out-Tequil-Ya (Tequila Barrel-Aged Sour with Kaffir Lime Leaf, Pineapple, & Coconut)
- Jester King Brewery
- Foudreweizen (Foudre-Fermented Wheat Beer & Collab with Live Oak)
- 3 Stars Brewing
- The Good Beer Co
SANTA ANA, CA
- Dinosour (Fruited, Barrel-Aged Sour)
- More TBA
- Green Bench Brewing Co.
- Les Grisette
- Parallax (Dark Sour Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Raspberries)
- Libertine Brewing Co.
SAN LOUIS OBISPO, CA
- Tin City Cider Co.
PASO ROBLES, CA
- Dry-Hopped Cider
- Union Sacre Saison Cider
- Almanac Beer Co.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
- Vanilla Cherry Dogpatch (Sour red ale aged in wine barrels with Bing, Rainier, and Montmorency cherries and whole Madagascar vanilla beans)
- Apricot de Brettaville (Brett Fermented Saison with apricot)
- Nectarine Cobbler (Sour blonde ale with nectarines and baking spices)
- Other Half Brewing Co.
- Mosaic is President (Single-Hop Brett IPA)
- Casita Cerveceria
GREENSBORO BEND, VT
- Palafenero (Barrel-Fermented/Barrel-Aged IPA Blend)
- Tres de Palos
- Brasserie Dunham
DUNHA, QC, CANADA
- Cuvée de Coussergues (Sour Ale Co-Fermented with Vidal Wine Grapes)
- Grisettonausore à l'argousier (Grisette Aged in Oak Barrels with Wild Seabuckthorns)
- Assemblage no.6 (Barrel-Aged Sour Blend w/ Raspberries)
- J. Wakefield Brewing
- Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co.
- Casa Agria Specialty Ales
- Pinot de la Casa
- Frambuesa de la Casa
- FIRESTONE WALKER BREWING
PASO ROBLES, CA
- DIONYSUS BREWING
- Berlinersfield with Boysenberry
- Peach on Through (Golden Sour Aged in American & French Oak with Peaches, Vanilla Beans, & Cinnamon)
- Rosé Sauvage (Golden Sour Fermented with Raspberries)
- MIKKELLER BREWING
SAN DIEGO, CA
- Raspberry blush (Berliner Weisse, w/raspberry and coffee)
- Første Fødseldag (ale aged on cab franc grapes & brett)
- KENT FALLS BREWING
- Shadow Pyramids (Buckwheat Farmhouse Ale Aged in Red Wine Barrels with Brett)
- Fallow (Blended, Mixed-Grain Farmhouse Ale)
Ride Your Bike
The kind folks at BikeSD will be running a bike valet right in front of the festival! Ride your bike right up to the front, and someone else will do the hard work of keeping it safe for you. That's pretty fucking cool if we do say so ourselves.
BikeSD is rad. Here’s why: BikeSD is an independent, member-supported non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to making San Diego a world-class bicycling city while creating a more livable urban communityby promoting everyday riding and advocating for bicycling infrastructure. By 2020, BikeSD's goal is to make San Diego one of the top 15 best cities for bicycling in the world.